Kez Latham BSc PhD Prof Cert LV FCOptom is Reader in the Department of Vision & Hearing Sciences at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, teaching students of Optometry and Dispensing Optics. For her research she is affliated to the Vision & Eye Research Unit of the Postgraduate Medical Institute of Anglia Ruskin University.
Kez trained at Aston University (BSc Ophthalmic Optics 1st class 1990; PhD 1995), and is a qualified Optometrist (MCOptom 1991; FCOptom 2013) and teacher (PGCert(HE) 2008; FHEA 2009). Kez was a Lecturer in Optometry at Aston University 1995-2001, before taking a career break to look after her children and work in private practice. She joined Anglia Ruskin University in 2006.
- Assessment and management of patients with impaired vision, including clinical measurement of visual function, assessment of activities of daily living and reading.
- Outcome measures in vision rehabilitation, particularly the use of questionnaire based instruments and Rasch analysis.
- Psychosocial issues in visual impairment.
- Clinical visual psychophysics and peripheral visual function.
- Low vision: Lead Optometrist for the Low vision clinic within the University Eye Clinic. Appointments can be made with the clinic on 0845 196 2070.
- Optometric management of Glaucoma: OSI (Optometrist with Special Interest) in glaucoma – CHANGES scheme I (glaucoma referral refinement) and II (monitoring of ocular hypertensive patients), via Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
- Ocular Anatomy & Biochemistry. Module leader. First year Optometry module.
- Clinical Optometry 4: Advanced Optometric Practice. Third year Optometry module.
- Theoretical & Practical Ophthalmic Lenses. Module leader. First year Optometry module.
- Low Vision Management and Assessment. Module leader. Second year Ophthalmic Dispensing module.
- Clinic and final year dissertation supervisor.